November 26, 2012 in Radio
April 9, 2013 in News
First of all we are trying to decide to change the stations name from ‘DJ Pon3 Radio’ to ‘Pon3 Radio.’
We are almost done switching our server setup to a new and improved one.
We’ll have live DJing, and song requests. These new features will be rolling out in the next few weeks.
Thanks for listening to (DJ?) Pon3 Radio!
February 28, 2013 in News
Hey everypony! Shining_KoW210 here to remind you that Cloudsdale Congress in Washinington D.C. is almost here! It is being organized by my hometown bronies, the DC Bronies! Also the Fillydelphia Bronies who are also a great group! I will be attending both days! Come on out and have fun!
You’ve seen the majesty of Canterlot. You’ve been to the wilds of Everfree. Now come witness the spectacle of Cloudsdale. From March 9-10th at the Holiday Inn Alexandria, in the suburbs of Washington DC, Cloudsdale Congress seeks to bring you a convention unlike any other. We strive to promote the up-and-coming bronies out there, and give the fans plenty of new talent to start following. Add to that some well-known stars of the fandom, and you’ve got something to see! If you want to get your name out there, contact us today! If you want to see the person everyone’s going to be talking about in a few months, register today! You can say you were into them when they were….*sunglasses* becoming popular.
February 25, 2013 in News
With DJ Pon3 Radio becoming a part of Ponyville Live, there have been a few changes to the station.
The first of which is quite obvious, new website layout! With the new banner, I have redesigned the website around it. We still have the quick chatbox to the right, but we also have a new IRC chatroom hostecd by cantornet, #djpon3radio.
To the right we do have a flash player that will automatically play DJ Pon3 Radio, but you can also click the others without changing pages to listen to the other stations.
Soon we will have scheduled live DJ sessions and talk shows for your entertainment!
We appreciate all of our listeners and thank you all for being a part of DJ Pon3 Radio!
February 20, 2013 in News
That’s right everypony! We are now a part of Ponyville Live!
Ponyville Live! would like to extend a warm welcome to our two newest additions to the PVL family of stations, Ponies Live Now (PLN)and DJ Pon-3 Radio!
Ponies Live Now is a live video stream for all brony gamers alike. Their mission “is and will always will be to provide a safe haven for bronies all around and to provide them with excellent streaming of a wide variety of video games ranging from the classics to modern day games.” The stream was founded on January 1, 2012; today, the stream continues to grow, inviting new visitors from all across the world, brony or not.
DJ Pon3 Radio has been around since November 7th, 2011. They pride themselves to playing EVERYTHING, from chiptune, to dubstep, to ballads, to rock, to everything else. DJ Pon3 Radio was started by Shining_KoW210. A few short months later, Xavier joined up and became the co-owner. They’ve been a great team ever since to bring DJ Pon3 Radio to ponies all across the net. They are honored to be a part of Ponyville Live to bring more pony media to the entire herd and beyond.
You can tune in to either of these new stations directly from the sidebar of the Ponyville Live! homepage.
January 14, 2013 in Music
I have been doing this Music thing for a while, and I’ve started only doing it every so often. Which brings me to today, Liquid Cobalt’s birthday (Happy Birthday dude) and the I finished my last Midterm (yay) so I can ACTUALLY make this post.
So today, as my gift to him, I am going to make a history post of sorts, of Liquid Cobalts music. So lets just jump right into it!
1. Almost a year ago exactly, Liquid Cobalt released his first song on youtube, called What We Built, and it was a bunch of bloops to some pretty simple calming music, and then the bloops turn into some drums. It was pretty bland, but also his first song, which is always a fun thing to remember.
2. within roughly 4 days he changed his sound, releasing a new track on his youtube called RAINBOWFLASH, and showing how much better he had gotten between the this song and his first, its actually a bit incredible I think. He managed to make a pretty decent dubstep song in those few days.
3. Roughly 2 weeks later he released the first song I heard from him, called Two Worlds Apart, it is to this day one of my favorite, I don’t care how much better he has gotten, Its still one of my favorites from him. He started doing even more advanced thing and tried to give the song what seems almost like 2 different sides, He tried to make dubsteppy(?) while using Orchestral elements in it, so it almost seemed like a mix of Vinyl and Octavia. I think he succeeded at it personally. Given that, this song was the first song that I posted of his.
4. About another 2 weeks later he released his 100 sub special, called Roseluck. Roseluck I love because he REALLY started making it have more of a background the songs.
5. The next song of interest was quite a bit later called An Ode to Twilight Sparkle, based off of Kingdom Hearts. Its beautiful. That said it was the first song that he wasn’t really going for dubstep, and it actually reminded me highly of Hiyao Miyazaki’s movies, notably Castle in the Sky.
6. So I hope you like Octavia and video games. Because that is everything this next song is. Octavia’s Final Boss Theme was pretty awesome, the only problem with it (and its the only reason I didnt use her as a final boss for my game design class last year) is the ending, you can really loop it at all, its REALLY good as a final boss until the last 15 or so seconds. However it was also a more successful attempt at getting out of the dubstep.
7. One Last Apology was the first notable song collaborating with someone, that someone being Prince Whateverer! Now this wasnt the first, that was Until the End with Fenning, but I don’t think it was quite as good. Anyways, One Last Apology was actually the first place I heard Prince Whateverer, and actually got in contact with him through this song, which has been quite amazing.
8. The next song of interest was actually Vinyl’s Bass Cannon. So as some of you may know, I get special super-duper teasers for his music because I give super epic advice, well this song originally wasn’t gonna be a Vinyl song, it was gonna be a Chrysalis song with Yelling at Cats Rapping over it, however it was changed when Y@C said he thought his rapping wouldn’t do the song justice, which is a shame, I really did want to hear that. However I believe this is one of my favorites from him because he really stretched what a drop from him could be I think.
9. Through it all, I feel like its almost the successor of Roseluck, it feels like this is what he WANTED Roseluck to be at the time, because they have all the same elements but this is just better, you know? Its a great song, but there isn’t much to say that hasn’t been said.
10. Snow Storm, now this was his first song under his new name, Wav.Kore, Which If memory serves is supposed to be a name for a Brony dubstep band he was starting up, either way its new, but he’s still Liquid Cobalt to me :3.
Anyways onto the song, this is his most recent, and he does an amazing job at making sure my attention isn’t focused at all, which is good, I like it when that happens, but it makes this song hard to keep track of, I always forget which one it is, and think I dont care for it, but then I relisten to it and remember it. ANYWAYS I think its ridiculous though, to go through and see how much better he has gotten. I mean I recommend everyone to go listen to What We Built, the First one, and then listen to this, it is SUCH an insane difference, and in less then a year too!
That said, since I know what is yet to come, what I can say is be excited. I won’t say what his new projects are, because he trusts me not to, but they are VERY exciting and if he succeed at what he’s trying for, then he is gonna get a LOT more known, which I am excited for.
Anyways, all that said, when you read this Cobalt, because I will by sending this to you, here is a link for you, Happy Birthday man!